Provincial Museum and Heritage Sites
- Elmira Railway Museum (open June to September)
- Basin Head Fisheries Museum (open June to September)
- Orwell Corner Historic Village and Agricultural Heritage Museum (open May to September)
- Beaconsfield Historic House (open year round)
- Eptek Art & Culture Centre (open year round)
- The Acadian Museum of Prince Edward Island (open year round)
- Green Park Shipbuilding Museum & Yeo House (open June to September)
Beyond adminstering these sites, the Foundation is responsible for the provincial collection of more than 90,000 artifacts. Our staff provide professional conservation and collection services to outside groups, individuals and organizations.
PEI Museum Heritage Awards
We celebrate Heritage Day the third Tuesday each February with PEI Museum and Heritage Awards presented to individuals or groups in recognition of architecture, writing, architectural preservation, genealogy, and general heritage activities.
The Museum also publishes the very popular, The Island Magazine, twice a year.
The PEI Museum and Heritage Foundation is a provincial crown corporation (schedule B) governed by a board of governors as outlined in the Museum Act. It is a registered charitable corporation whose purpose is to study, collect, preserve, interpret, and protect the human and natural heritage of Prince Edward Island for the use, benefit and enjoyment of the people of the province.
The Foundation is directed by a nine member board of governors appointed through Engage PEI.
The minister reponsible is the Minister of Education, Early Learning and Culture.