Come Work With Us
We are hiring: Student Digital Sales Assistant
Are you a post-secondary student who is, or will be undertaking a work-integrated learning placement? The PEI Museum and Heritage Foundation is seeking a Digital Sales Assistant to assist with the operations of our Shopify online store and digital bookkeeping.
Work term: from September 4, 2023 to March 31, 2024.
Compensation: $16.75 per hour.
· Prepare revenue reports using information on the Foundation’s shopify account.
· Manage the digital product catalogue at peimuseumshop.ca as well as for the Foundation’s stores and warehouse
· Liaise with the digital content team on product content & images
· Maintain online product information and ensure that updates are implemented in an accurate & timely manner
· Work with the Executive Assistant and Communication Coordinator on all aspects of the e-Shop including sales and marketing campaigns
· Regular checking of the catalogue – correcting presentation issues, liaising with warehouse on stock issues
· Manage any issues that arise on the online shop – raise tickets and follow up with Shopify support for resolution
· Provide input when required on projects related to the Online Store.
Required Skills, Attributes, and Experiences:
· Excellent organizational and time management skills;
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
· Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with staff and partners;
· Strong attention to detail;
· Registered as a domestic student at a Canadian post-secondary institution;
· A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
· Undertaking a placement that is recognized as work-integrated learning by your institution in connection with a course, degree, certificate, diploma, or other recognized program offered by the institution. The placement can be required or optional, for credit or not for credit.
· Enrollment from a Business/Administration program or an equivalent;
· Some experience working in a sales, merchandising and/or admin role;
· Experience working with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify.
Apply directly or send your resume to Camellia Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Interested in volunteering for the Foundation? Send an email to email@example.com!
About the PEI Museum and Heritage Foundation
The PEI Museum and Heritage Foundation is an integral part of the Prince Edward Island community. We operate seven provincial museums and heritage sites across Prince Edward Island, providing Islanders and visitors alike with an opportunity to discover our province's heritage and culture.
The Foundation is responsible for the provincial collection of more than 100,000 artifacts. Our staff provides professional conservation and collection services to outside groups, individuals, and organizations. The Foundation publishes its official journal of PEI heritage and culture twice a year: The Island Magazine. The Foundation also has an official podcast, the hidden island, which shares stories about the hidden heritage in our province and discusses why that heritage is still relevant today.
Our mission is to preserve the heritage of Prince Edward Island for present and future generations.
The PEI Museum and Heritage Foundation is stronger and most effective when we reflect the diversity of the Island population we serve. We are dedicated to building and promoting a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, representative of our Island community.